Monday, June 24, 2013

Hi there! Roll call time!

So...

It appears that people are starting to get invitations and check on this page, which is great!  Thanks for joining us on this shower adventure!  Be sure to sign up and "follow" the blog, so that you will get a notification when something new is posted.

To kick things off, let's give Linda some inspiration while seeing who's here!  What is your favorite memory or a funny anecdote that you remember about your own mother?  Share in the comments.


4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite memories with my mom is helping her in the kitchen during canning season. My mom made amazing tomato jam and a spiced peach jam using fruit from our garden. She is also one heck of an entertainer, great at throwing fun parties. Thought me everything I know, well, her and Martha Stewart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite memories with my mom is when she would sing Janni and me to sleep. Some of my favorite tunes to this day are songs that she sang to us and I hope to sing them to my own kids too someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite memory of my mom is the strong women that she is. For always being there for me, my sister, and my dad no matter if it was good or bad from moments past to present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing my mom says repeatedly is: love covers a multitude of sins. We are not perfect people, and no one is a perfect parent or child. I'm so thankful that she looked past my immature reactions and gave tough love as needed, keeping in mind that she was shaping an independent adult. She never stopped loving me, even in the bad.
    Another thing she says is that the most difficult yet most important thing for a parent to do is to let go, and it is a process that starts at birth. I'm so thankful she selflessly let go, and continues to let go. Her strong faith in God allows her to do these, and I admire her heart!

    ReplyDelete